Did you notice that if you include a percent symbol in your question, it won't post?

Or if you inlude one in your answer, it will post, but the answer will remain invisible until you remove the percent symbol. Why is this?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes, about 10 years ago,   but thanks for that Newsflash. 

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, that is correct.  But it is not only in the Ask a Question section.  You can not add a percentage symbol in Details either.  I have never seen it block an answer.  Maybe it could because there is a spam filter.  If that happens to you just remove it post the answer and then add the percentage %.  Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes. I know this due to the regular answerers who constantly bring it to our attention like pregnant women who want you to know their latest food cravings are.

I also believe that there are other characters that prevent questions from posting. Although I don't know what most of them are.

Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, those of us who have been here a while have been aware of some of that for years. It has to do with how the site was programmed, and nobody with the power to do so, has bothered to correct it.

MANY questions get posted here about a user being unable to post a question, and they don't know why (until they see someone reply that it could be due to them trying to include a % symbol in their question, instead of spelling it out). It throws a lot of people off, because it's not something you'd expect to be an issue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dr.Zin
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

It only does that to some of us.

Also I can't copy/paste an answer

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yahoo does not like it for some Reason when you Put the % sign in there Nobody knows why they do that

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's just you

%%%

• marty
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Are you talking about this %. I obviously don't have that problem. 

• 4 weeks ago

That has been true for as long as I remember. It may just be something to do with the programming they use.

• 4 weeks ago

% I can post % % I can post % % I can post %

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.