Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 3 weeks ago

Short Male 20 Years old only 5'4?

Hello I'm a 20 year old male I've been the same height since I was 14 years old the only reason I know is cause I checked my doctor records when I was 14 and it said 5'4 and I'm still the same height at 20 I don't get it did I stunt my growth? And yes my parents aren't tall my mom is 5'3 my dad is 5'6 I thought I would at least hit 5'8 it makes me depressed just about every girl is taller then me even 12 year old girls and boys it sucks does anyone have any information on if I possibly stunted my growth

Favorite Answer

I am much older than you and an inch and one half taller, so I am still considered short. Being short has never been a problem for me. I also started balding as a teenager, so being a short bald guy in my 20's and beyond was never a problem. Truthfully it is all in your head, by that I mean it is your attitude and self perception. Height is really not that important. I grew up doing physical labor and was stronger than many of the tall guys who made the mistake of trying to mess w/the "short guy. Treat others w/ politeness and respect and don't settle for anything less from any one else. You are not going to get any taller so accept your height and go on w/ your life.A lot of women are your size or shorter than  you so open your eyes to this reality. Aside from that a woman worth being with won't give a hoot about how tall you are- treat her like a lady w/respect that is what matters to a woman not your height. By the way height has absolutely nothing to do with the size of a male's genitals. So be thankful for your health etc. and be content w/ who you are- you will be miserable otherwise.

I don't think you are done growing until age 21.

• shroud

well people stop growing around 21 so not a big surprise you did too

you get traits from both parents and you're about in the middle of their height, again not a big surprise

your growth is not stunted it's in your DNA

to break the cycle you need to have kids with a female basketball player

• ron h

at 20, learn to be who you are.

• Yes, being a short man is very depressing and a problem for most short men. I am 6'3" and most men I see are about 5'9". My friend is also short as well but he's an inch taller than you at 5'5". You can wear a 1-3 inch shoe to get up to at least 5'7".

I am 18 male and 5,5''

Unfortunately, it is what it is. You aren't going to get any taller.

The only thing you can do is find a way to come to terms with it and get on with your life.

• Mark

It sucks, but give yourself permission to really rant about it, then let it go. Completely. Height is physical, but your actual attitude is what determines how people treat/perceive you. Plenty of shorter people are absolute powerhouses - and you certainly don't even think of their 'lack' of height when you interact with them.

• Sam

When you started puberty, they could've given you growth hormones that would've given you an extra inch or two, but it's too late now. 

A nice pair of cowboy boots will give you two or three inches. 

Just remember, you are not your height.  There is much more about you that makes you who you are,  like how you handle it.  

Love yourself and be someone who you can look back on someday and be proud of.   

You probably have a small one huh