Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 2 weeks ago

Why is tacobell and fast food places getting so expensive and the portions reduced?

I bought a bean burrito and it was 1/3 the size of how it used to be, and almost twice as much.

The whopper got smaller, mcdonalds got expensive, so did pizza hut and taco bell.

It's very high in sodium.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

because they had to give their uneducated student workers a pay raise and benefits so they have to cut things down to make enough profit to stay in business.

• 2 weeks ago

Labor costs.

Where I am, Fast food places pat about $13/hr starting because unemployment is very low. Minimum wage is higher than federal, but a shortage of workers pushes wages up, which in turn push prices up.

• 2 weeks ago

It's called inflation and as far as I'm concerned it's been out of control for over 10 years.

• D
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

no way.... you see, the way America works is they get the crappiest food for you, make it taste good, and make it cheap. so they can make money off of your declining health. there's no way in hell fast food is getting expensive and less portions!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

because more people are going there and they decided to raise their prices to make more money

• David
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Salt is cheap.

• 2 weeks ago

Tariffs

Gee, McDonalds is so expensive, you can only get 2 chicken sandwiches, fries and a large drink for $5....who can afford that.

• chorle
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

I am also going to say because minimum wage, ingredients, and transportation costs have gone up.

Some of the portion sizes getting smaller is health advocates saying how unhealthy fast food and snacks are so they have decrease serving size instead of using less sugar or less salt   

• 2 weeks ago

It's ridiculous! Bring back the Value Menu!

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Most of the food that fast food places serve is high in sodium or otherwise bad for your health.A big reason for the cost of fast food going up is that the minimum wage is going up, and fast food restaurants are going to pass that along to the customer, instead of just eating it themselves.I have not noticed the items that they served getting smaller.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.