JJ
Lv 5
JJ asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 4 weeks ago

Who pays for the wardrobes of the royal duchesses?

Do these royal duchesses pay for their own wardrobe?

Camilla, duchess of Cornwall

Catherine, duchess of Cambridge

Meghan, duchess of Sussex

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Charles pays for the official wardrobes of Camilla, Catherine, and Meghan from the Duchy of Cornwall income. The Queen also might help with Catherine and Meghan as well from the Sovereign Grant or her privare income. Official wardrobes are what is worn for official works, meetings. Private wardrobes are paid by the royals themselves.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

I've read that Catherine's "working wardrobe"ย  (the clothes she's photographed in and that she wears for official engagements) are paid for by Prince Charles, out of his income from the Dutchy of Cornwall.ย 

I would think that Camilla's wardrobe is paid for by her husband Prince Charles; and Meghan's wardrobe is paid for by her husband Prince Harry. Who else would be expected to pay for them except their husbands?

• 3 weeks ago

I have a partial answer, Oxfam and Barnardo's donate all their unsaleable clothes to the duchess of Cornwall.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Do any of them buy their own clothes? How do they have time to go clothes shopping???

• 4 weeks ago

Nope - as far as I know, Prince Charles pays for their wardrobes (and the clothes in them) out of the Dutchy (of Cornwall).ย  But perhaps only for official outfits?ย ย  And on many occasions, the clothing companies pay for them to wear their garments too.

• 4 weeks ago

THEIR HUSBANDS AND FAMILY.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Camilla only requires the cost of grooming by a veterinarian.ย 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Generally they are paid for by their respective husbands.ย  If they qualify as 'official' expenditure they will be funded by the Duke of Cornwall. Contrary to popular opinion,ย  royals do not accept designer clothes for free.

• 4 weeks ago

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It depends on the occasion and/or the designer of said dresses. Some of their dresses are loaned to them as a form of promotion.

Peace.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.