Why does god allow suffering?

Research try: www.jw.org

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

We have full assurance from God's word the Bible @ James 1:13

When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

• 2 weeks ago

Why do we allow our children to get on bicycles, silly? It's good for them.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Suffering is from three main sources - our own sins, the sins of others, and the laws of nature.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Spam question ----------  reported.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

The Bible emphatically answers no! Suffering was not part of God’s purpose for mankind.

However, the first human couple rebelled against God’s rulership, choosing to set their own standards of good and bad. They turned away from God and suffered the consequences.

Today we are experiencing the effects of their bad choice. But in no way did God originate human suffering.

The Bible says: When under trial, let no one say: I am being tried by God. For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone. James 1:13

Suffering can afflict anyone even those who are favored by God.

• Ko
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

I say to people, "The Divine is inside of you!" And then people say, "Well, why do I suffer?" It’s because you don’t know the Divine is inside of you. That’s why you suffer.The day you not just think — but experience that peace that is inside of you, the serenity that is inside of you, the reality that is inside of you — then you only need to suffer if you want to. Optional. Right now, it’s not optional. It happens. You are the victim.

- Prem Rawat

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality and the very idea of gods is a product of the human imagination.

• Hogie
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Trying to recruit here?

• 3 weeks ago

Because he’s black. 

• 3 weeks ago

For the same reason Odin allows it.

Edit:

If God is real then God does not just allow suffering - he causes suffering.  Even if we ignore the fact that he could block every evil act that causes suffering to the victims, there is still the problem of all the suffering caused by "Acts of God".  God is supposed to be all powerful.  he could stop these events with a mere thought.  Since he does not he is either directly causing them, or tacitly allowing them.

There do not need to be earthquakes, tsunami, hurricanes or tornadoes.  But God makes/lets them happen anyway - and people suffer and die.

For research go to:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.