How do nails end up on the road?

I'm tired of getting nails in my tires every 3 got damn months

I seem to have the worst luck with getting flat tired, particularly nail punctures. ... it seems 1-3 times a month I get stuck on the side of the road changing out a flat. ... This is why I must have a spare tire in the boot at all times. ...

• zipper

People throw them out, they fall off of trash trucks, and some people think that it is fun to drop a few on the road way. And your a cop and you need to ask this?

When I was a kid, my mother thought me to sit by the road, when a car came I'd stick my hand out and let the car break my nails off

Construction truck vehicles and foul play from very nasty men. 

I toss them out to make idiots have flats

People throw them on the road to make you angry

You live near a bunch of irresponsible mexican workers who can never seem to safely cover their trailer/truck bed to prevent their crap from flying out the back.

• May

They fall out of the back of contractor's trucks or trailers.

• YKhan

Possibly fall off of work trucks, going back and forth between construction sites? Sometimes assholes just leave it on the road on purpose. No way to tell really.