what is the cheapest book editing application?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

me i am the best

• Speed
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

David, that really depends on what you mean by "editing." Every word processing program, including the freebies, has the ability to scan for spelling and grammar mistakes, but none of them, including all of them combined, will catch every mistake, and every one of them will identify as mistakes things that are correct.

A copy editor, the human kind, will out-perform any book editing app or function. They do not work for free, and the ones that offer bargain rates are often utterly unqualified to do the work.

And of course no program or copy editor takes the place of a developmental editor who notes plot holes, weaknesses in character development, contradictions in fact, aspects deserving better research, areas needing shortening or outright deletion, sections that need far more detail, and all that sort of thing. You do that first, then revise, and then get copy edits.

A paying publisher provides all levels of editing at no cost to the author. Authors who choose to self-publish can decide not to use an editor, but it's common to see so many mistakes and weaknesses in their work that it's clear they really should have. A book worth writing is worth getting in its best possible shape, if you ask me.

• 3 weeks ago

Microsoft Word works

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Microsoft Word is intended as word processor/book production program, usually comes free. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

there is none that fits

• Jay
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

There is no such thing

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

White-Out      .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.