Early termination of house arrest ?

I was sentenced to two years of house arrest and not really sure of how many years of probation! Im at my first year and four days into my house arrest sentence, and what I heard is once you e completed half of that sentence you can file for early term, can anyone tell me if this is true and what to expect? I’ve completed all my community service hours and my classes (life skills), and had no violations, and I called the clerk of the courts and they said my payment doesn’t have to be paid until 2023! What should I do and expect? 

• martin

It sounds like they are being liberal with you. However, if you didn't ask directly about whether you're finished with your house arrest, you probably should ask that question and try to get something in writing confirming that you are finished with house arrest, but have the following obligations still to meet, by the following deadline dates.

IT depends on where you live and what the laws are.

I assume that you have/had an attorney for the original case. Contact them and they should be better able to assist you then nameless people with no legal training on the Internet.

Because laws vary from country to country, state to state, whether it is a state or federal sentence, etc., without a lot more information no one can give you a reliable answer.

But it sounds like you did take the first step, which was to contact the court. Usually they are not very helpful (because they lose money if you leave the system), so often you have to go through an attorney to get something like this done.

• Jay

you should learn that laws are different in different parts of the world