Brittany Sellner, the author of "What makes us girls, and why it's all worth it" says trans women are not real women. Thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Because they are not, real women have xx chromosomes and are born with a vagina and a uterus. If some dumb fkn homofàg wants to cut off his genitals then let him but if he tries to claim hes a REAL woman there should be legal consequences imo. Its all a huge fkn joke tbh, these people have mental issues and should be locked up,they are lucky I don't make the laws. Its sad that they just cant accept what they are like everyone else, they are so self-entitled and pathetic. I really feel a great deal of pity for them. They clearly have no problems so they have to invent problems.

• reme_1

SInce she is not a trans woman how would she know what a transwoman has to go thru in order to live as a woman. Sure there are many things a trans person will never get to experience .but what makes us women...….

Well obviously. Men aren't women. Repeating the slogan over and over and over doesn't change biology and neither do hormones and surgery. It's not possible for humans to change sex.

Trans people didn't used to argue that. They used to say they changed gender (socially) but not sex. Now they say biological sex doesn't exist, or there are multiple sexes, humans aren't sexually dimorphic, and other outright rejections of science like "women have penises" or "transwomen have periods."

• I just watched one of her videos and she's flat out wrong. She's stuck in the past and she is the one that can't handle reality. Progress happens and yet she refuses to accept things that don't agree with her "feelings" and ideology. I couldn't help but notice a crucifix hanging on the wall behind her, so, yeah, we're talking about a conservative religious ideology. She's well spoken and sounds logical and yet her beliefs are not reality based (religion isn't reality). The reality is that over the last 50 years science has discovered a mountain of evidence that supports transsexual people. I don't know about you, but I'll side with the scientists before any religious ideology. 

Let me give you an idea of how damaging and backwards religion can be. Back in the 1620's the Catholic Church put Galileo under house arrest because he was a supporter of the Copernican theory, which stated the sun was the center of the solar system and not the Earth. He died some 20 years later while still under house arrest. Guess when the Catholic Church apologized for that fiasco? Would you believe the Church never did so until the 1990's. My point is she may believe in her heart that her religious beliefs are correct and her feelings on matters like trans people are common sense, but she is wrong. She is wrong because she outright rejects science.

Ignorance and anti-intellectualism is a huge problem in the world today.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)

I mean, it's not my battle to fight. Pretty sure there was a trans lady at Starbucks yesterday and she seemed very sweet. When I ordered I thought it was a gay guy but when I pulled up it looked like a female with slightly masculine features/voice but still kind of realistic honestly. They weren't born female but I feel they're allowed to do what makes them comfortable with themselves. We all try to like ourselves in life and that's what they feel they must do. Medically speaking sometimes there may have been an issue during the pregnancy around the time that the gender chromosomes are formed, causing a discrepancy. 

• "in their mind they can be whatever they want"

then I guess that means I can be a helicopter xD

I suppose that is just her personal conclusion on the situation. There are some aspects of being born a woman that makes a difference, and Sellner believes that all of the aspects matter.

• Why should I care what some transphobic slut thinks? I know I'm a woman and that is that.

Source(s): me - woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
    • You can have all the surgery you want, your body is still male. Accept reality or continue to live in denial, your choice

Pretty girl. Well trannies are males. Men have male parts. It's not rocket science.