Nick asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 3 weeks ago

I accidentally ran a school bus stop sign.?

I was driving with my girlfriend when I eventually drove up to this bus. I've never came up to a bus before in my 2 years of driving. He had his flashing yellow lights on but not his stop sign. I was just going to stop anyway but my girlfriend stressed me the **** out and yelled at me to keep driving forward. Having no idea what I was doing I slowly kept driving forward probably going about 8 when the bus then decided to put on his stop sign as I was just driving by him. He honked at me and I was stressed so I just continued to keep driving and drove away. I've never had a ticket, never been pulled over and my driving record is completely clean. What's going to happen to me now? I'm extremely scared. 

This is the first time I've done something like this and I can't stop thinking about it. I've replayed the events in my head countless times already. How bad is this going to be for me. Any suggestions on how to deal with the stress this is causing me? I'm well aware people have much bigger problems than this, but this has me pretty shaken up.

Favorite Answer

Write yourself a ticket or go turn yourself in a the nearest police station!  (I'm just kidding.)

Trust me, yes you did mess up.. but no one died and a ticket is not the end of life as you know it nor is it worth the loss of any sleep!   Besides... did you even get a ticket?  At worst you may get a letter telling you "DON'T DO THAT!"  Unless in your city they have Bus cams and mail tickets for violations... even then, you just pay the fine and move on with your life.

• don r
    3 days ago

Only a cop can cite you, but from now on get that lady in check about her dangerous backseat driving. She was wrong, but it could have cost you.

You've just learnt a rule of the road; anything that is happening around you is more important than anything your girlfriend is saying.

She has two choices STFU or walk.

If they got your license number then you may get a visit from the police. If not then you have nothing to worry about. Next time stop no matter what a passenger tells you. If you get a ticket pay it and move on. 

• TedEx

If you cannot control your passengers, you should not be driving,,

Your girlfriend either has to drive or has to wear a "gag ball muzzle."

Discuss these alternatives with your girlfriend.