millie asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 3 weeks ago

was the amazon fire man made?

i’m doing some research on the amazon rainforest fire. iv heard a LOT of people say it was man made. is that true? also is the amazon fire still burning today (18th Nov 2019) ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • KatieC
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it was man made by loggers and farmers who want to clear the land. What’s funny is that we sit back and talk about how terrible it is while we (in the US) cause plenty of environmental damage in the interest of “progress” and “industrialization.”

• millie3 weeks agoReport

thankyou for your answer! i agree, but unfortunately it’s easier for people to rely on others taking action rather than doing anything about it themselves. and it sucks. 

• Chris
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Yes, by a greedy demagogue selling out the lives of many Amazonian native peoples, millions of innocent wildlife, the beautiful trees and plants which were the lungs of our planet, and everyone's health on earth. For the grubby profits. 

**** the government. it’s disgusting and really upsetting. thanks fire hour answer, i appreciate it. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Asking random people online "Is this true?" is not "research." For fcuk's sake, learn how to use the resources of a library.

it appears someone’s a little pressed. is everything OK at home? getting so aggressive over someone asking a simple question is concerning. instead of getting upset at what random people online are asking, learn how to use the resources of a library since you struggle to spell words with 5 letters.

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Of course the Amazon Fire is man made, mostly in China. I have two a Fire 7 and a fire 10.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

They used a pile of Amazon Kindles to get her going.

• 3 weeks ago

For some reason, massive fires never start in Antarctica. Weird.

who said fires start in antarctica? weird. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.