Graphics card not working?

Update:

my graphics card stopped working suddenly. When i took out the wires of power supply and plugged the graphics card into the motherboard without plugging in the cables of power supply it started working i.e its fans started spinning but when i plugged the wires back into the card it stopped working and due to this the computer doesn't even start. None of the fans spin. 

Also there probably was quite a lot of dirt inside the computer if that can be the cause of this problem

Update 2:

Yes, i did clean the computer

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You have a hardware failure in your computer. My be time for a hardware guru.

• 3 weeks ago

your local technician will help you ... just add money

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The graphics card won't work without the PCI-cable(s) being plugged in. The fact that the computer no longer starts unless you unplug the graphics card suggests there is a short on the graphics card preventing the computer starting or possibly a fault with the power supply or motherboard. By all means clear out the dust and debris, if the motherboard has onboard graphics remove the graphics card completely and connect to the on-board graphics port. Otherwise you will need to take it to a workshop, where they can replace with known good parts to try to find the fault

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.