My bf got fired from his job but for almost 3 months he got up in the morning and pretended to go to work?

About a year ago he started his own company, which he has always wanted to do. He also had a job where he worked shifts, so he could spend time working on the company. I'm no entrepreneur and I do not know what goes into starting a company. I trusted him that he would take care of it. I know that many new companies failed. We talked about this and if he noticed that it didn't work out he would close it down.

However, I started instead noticing him not taking his primary job, his primary income seriously. He would often call in sick or leave earlier because he had a company meeting. Then last week he tells me he got fired almost 3 months ago. For 3 months he has "gone to work" but in reality he has just been lying to me. And the company doesn't generate an income yet. I am not surprised they fired him. He has been reading all these books and trying to emulate the life style of rich people. You know the stupid videos on youtube that tell you the key to a successful life is going up 5 in the morning and taking a cold shower? That's been him for over a year. And then I started looking up on his company. It's been draining money like crazy. And before he started the company he didn't do any market survey, he didn't ask his potential client basis if they are interested in his services or how much they would pay. He just thought it was a good idea and went for it. I hate the fact that he lied to me for so long and I don't know if I can get over this. Would you?

• Judy

If he seems to recognize his errors, not just lying but also the true situation with his "business" and what he really needs to do to get it going, and is doing those things, I might give him another chance. Otherwise, end it.

This sounds like you are lying to us right now with this fake post

• Petter

Well, it's all for you to decide. What we think is irrelevant.