Did ford really had to call their new SUV a Mustang? ?

As a Mustang owner and fan I don't get why they did this. Out of all the names and badges, they had to call it a Mustang and put the iconic mustang badge on this SUV?

A Mustang without sound? A 5 seaters Mustang? An electric Mustang? Really? I'm very disappointed in Ford man. What do you y'all think?  Fuming...

The removed the horse and put a blastid SNAKE on the GT500, and I haven't heard you complaining.

• Burgoo

i have absolutely no idea why this bothers you this much

I've been buying Fords for over 30 years, including a lot of Mustangs and Thunderbirds.  They killed-off the T-Bird with that ugly "retro" that wasn't . . . . they've dropped all the sedans I've been buying lately . . . . and now they want to destroy the Mustang mystique.  I'm done with them.

• CB

Agreed - the front end looks like fusion/focus too. 

If they didn't have enough imagination to come up with a new name, Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxy, Torino etal would have worked just as well and been more appropriate. It will probably end up like the Edsel though....