Is this a false sense of hope , or is this a hidden message?

I was hired as a seasonal retail worker at a clothing store chain here in the U.S.

Typically after the holidays are over , seasonal workers are let go.

However I have expressed great interest in growing with the company and being hired on permanently. I am demonstratring hard work in efforts of the company hiring me permanently.

The management is accommodating my wishes of giving me plentiful hours in the work week.

My question is: Today in the mail I received an enrollment letter for health Care coverage ( an insurance plan) through the company which I work.

For what reason would they have mailed me this , if I wasnt going to stay with the company after Christmas?

Could it be on their agenda to keep me as a worker , after the holidays?

Or is this a letter that gets sent out to ALL seasonal employees?

• Judy
    Favorite Answer

Don't read anything into the health care letter, that's sent to everyone working over a certain number of hours, over 30 or so. But good luck in being kept after the holidays are ever.

Its nothing...anyone employed for more than 30 hours got the same letter...

Ask the other seasonal employees. I doubt this means they plan on hiring you though.. it's probably sent to all ... in case.

if they want to hire u permanently they will send u a contract to sign

Automatic to any worker getting enough hours probably. Unrelated to being kept on.

It’s probably automatically sent to any employee when they qualify for enrollment. I wouldn’t read too much into it.