Is this a false sense of hope , or is this a hidden message?

I was hired as a seasonal retail worker at a clothing store chain here in the U.S.

Typically after the holidays are over , seasonal workers are let go.

However I have expressed great interest in growing with the company and being hired on permanently. I am demonstratring hard work in efforts of the company hiring me permanently.

The management is accommodating my wishes of giving me plentiful hours in the work week.

My question is: Today in the mail I received an enrollment letter for health Care coverage ( an insurance plan) through the company which I work.

For what reason would they have mailed me this , if I wasnt going to stay with the company after Christmas?

Could it be on their agenda to keep me as a worker , after the holidays?

Or is this a letter that gets sent out to ALL seasonal employees?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't read anything into the health care letter, that's sent to everyone working over a certain number of hours, over 30 or so. But good luck in being kept after the holidays are ever.

• 3 weeks ago

Its nothing...anyone employed for more than 30 hours got the same letter...

• 3 weeks ago

Ask the other seasonal employees. I doubt this means they plan on hiring you though.. it's probably sent to all ... in case.

• 4 weeks ago

if they want to hire u permanently they will send u a contract to sign

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Automatic to any worker getting enough hours probably. Unrelated to being kept on.

• 4 weeks ago

It’s probably automatically sent to any employee when they qualify for enrollment. I wouldn’t read too much into it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.