First time working alone at a new job.. please help?

its my first job at 18 with little experience and I know just basics. I've only been there for 3 days 5-9pm. they're already putting me by myself from 5-10pm. the next day 5-11 the manager didn't even tell me directly. All of the other workers were told before i was and they told me themselves.

Its frustrating. im an introvert. speaking with people is difficult i've made big mistakes already. all the hours ive worked so far dont even add up to a full 24 hours. I feel like they're being insensitive but theres nothing i can do. i would have liked to have at least a week with people before being on my own, especially when itll be busy

im freaking out and i feel sick to my stomach every time i think about working alone. im being pushed WAY out of my comfort zone so soon. ive heard to just let the customers know im still a beginner and i do, but but some dont care how long ive been working theres so much to memorize, they say it takes like a month to get the gist of the menu alone. 

im running around to portion/restock food so going to the backroom, bringing out 3 or 4 different frozen cake, separating slices, restocking the fridge/frosting/sauce/cheese/pepper, putting together over 30 boxes, answering phones which entails multiple calls at once, helping customers who walk to the counter to order/pick up food and help with uber/doordash

am i overreacting? or does this seem unfair to be pushed to do this on my "4th" day by myself?

i just really need help... what should i do??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Lousy management and very cheap higher ups. They dont care. If you screw up bad enough they will fire you, but since you try they will not care if you get treated bad by customers.

Do your best, keep calm dont panic. Consider quiting.

I just quit walmart because they kept making me work alone because they would pull my co-workers to other areas. Then co-workers let me do all the work seeing I could by myself.

I hated that job so much. Full of favorites and too many chiefs.

• Katie
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Your not overacting - I was left alone on my 1st day of my 1st job.

• 3 weeks ago

Look for something else. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.