Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 3 weeks ago

Isn't gender studies a complete waste of money? The only qualification you'll get is being a professional feminist?

Favorite Answer

As the article below indicates, a degree in gender studies has the lowest return of any college degree, even lower than art.    Another thing to consider is many employers will see it as a negative.  Nobody wants a SJW making issues at work.    

Yeah, kind of. I don't even know what kind of jobs you can get in gender studies....

• Foofa

Yet the average annual salary for a Gender Sensitivity Trainer is around 65K.

Do you mean a gender studies college degree? A gender studies degree may be an asset in some specialized careers, like social work, human resources, legal assistance, or public relations.

I didn't know gender studies was costing me anything?

• Dooby

If you play the part right, professional victim is quite profitable.

The idea of degrees being vocational is nasty and narrow-minded. I have degrees in Philosophy and didn't do them so I could get a good job. I have, however, used those degrees and the discipline involved in them in vocational contexts, and the patriarchy needs to be questioned. Otherwise the status quo generally would just go unchallenged, and it has to be changed.

• Jack3 weeks agoReport

Well I don't think he said he had a problem with it not being vocational. I have no issue with that and a degree in Philosophy is great. But gender studies is a crock of shite, just politicised extreme Marxist propaganda that only qualifies you to spout the same propaganda to the next generation.

Gender Studies is anti-feminist. It erased Women's Studies. Anyway, some of them can get pretty far in academia and be well paid professors. If you want to teach (nonsense), you can certainly get a job.