At a convenience store can kids work the cash register and stock shelves?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The trouble is most places need insurance against employees hurting themselves, and most insurance companies won't cover anyone under a certain age.  Plus, of course, states have rules about how many hours kids can work.  So if kids do work in a convenience store, it usually belongs to their parents.

• When I go to a convenience store to get a snack, I see this boy behind the counter. He works the cash register.

• Jay
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Only if they are children of the owner and under direct supervision of the parents.

After that they must be 14 years of age or older and hold a valid work permit signed by parent or legal guardian.

• 3 weeks ago

There are exceptions to kids working in businesses, this generally is not one of those exceptions.  

That said, they are kids of the owners or managers and nobody really cares.  

• audrey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

IDK why. That was a bland, unexciting book.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Sure. Owners son or nephew probably.

• 3 weeks ago

In most states, an employee is only required to be sixteen unless it is a family run business.  However, many states have laws that would prohibit an underage cashier from handling or selling alcohol, tobacco, or lottery.

• 3 weeks ago

probably.

Depends on the location of the store, the local laws and the owner.

• 3 weeks ago

I've read news stories about people boycotting/protesting Fifty Shades of Grey

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.