Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Should meat be banned in India?

As meat eating is against Indian culture.

Favorite Answer

That's none of your business. You wouldn't know "Indian Culture" 

if it stuffed an encyclopedia up your asss with the page number 

stamped on the front. 

And, if meat is banned in India but the Indian people choose to 

eat it anyway, WTF are *you* going to do about it? You're an idiot.

• Bill B

First, that is up to India to decide; not people outside their country.

Second, you've obviously never been to India; while beef may be off limits to the vast majority, lamb is a staple there. 

I don't think so, no.

Ridiculous.  Not all Indians are vegetarians.  And what they eat is none of anyone else's business.

• NO!

If God has also given meat to eat, who is man to ban it?

Therefore, I remain in my freedom to eat meat, or to abstain, no one can prevent me!

In any case, I eat little meat, God has not forbidden it!

• Tony B

I'm not Indian and I'm not in India so it has nothing to do with me.

How can it be when India is multi-cultures country and run by Democratic system of Government , which is based on secularism. So not eating meat is based on the belief of one of the religions there..

• Chi girl
      4 weeks agoReport

psssst  "believe" is  verb, not a noun.

No, because at the moment fewer Indians are vegetarian than they've ever been. It's only eating beef that you could say is against the culture, but that's only in the Hindu religion.

The only culture meat eating is against is the left wing, soyboy vegan culture.

I would say no.  Partly because I think people should be free to eat as they like (within reason).  And partly because I eat meat myself.

But I can't speak for India.  Different country, different rule and traditions and customs.

In Israel they have a law against selling leavened bread during Passover week.  So every pizza parlor and sandwich shop gets a ticket at that time of year and has to pay a fine (I've heard it's around $75).  They see it as just a tax.  So they have Bread Police in Israel.  Imagine Meat Police in India!

India is a country of over a billion people. It doesn't have just one single culture.