Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

What’s the maximum sentence ?

Someone I know was telling me their friend got arrested for being  apart of an armed robbery. He had no idea the people were robbing the store he was just in the car. They’d asked him to run them to the store & boom.. he was apart of it just like that. I don’t think He’s ever been in any trouble.. what would be the maximum sentence, if any, would he get? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Cee
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You friend is as innocent as a fox in the hen house with a chicken in it's mouth.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

The getaway driver NEVER knows about the armed robbery. They were just in the car. The maximum sentence is EXACTLY the same as for his partners in crime. This was the first time they were CAUGHT, but not his first time.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

"He was a part it just like that."  Sorry, but the "friend" was part of it by sitting in the car.

• 4 weeks ago

It varies like crazy. If DA decides to drop charges, Nothing.

If he presses it, could plea bargain probation or a year..

Many rat on their friends to get a good P/B, this is how a lot are caught. No honor amongst thieves....

.If he goes to trial and loses and was shown in court to be knowledgeable of the robbery( you say he wasn't, but juries decide what they want),  he could get just as much as a triggerman. Maybe 10-20 years; 50% to 85%, depending on state.

There are always appeals.  Even with plea bargain if court withheld information and implied a threat.  10-20 is a Big threat compared to one year. 

He  needs a Good lawyer. Not a public pretender. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

In what country or state?

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Depending on the state, he could get exactly what the actual robbers get. A lot.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Ask william faulkner or earnest hemingway

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.