Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 3 weeks ago

Is my daughter underweight?

I don't want to be a bad mother asking questions like this. I'm just concerned for her health. I'm positive that she's totally fine, but I'm still curious. My daughter is 12 years old, and 79 pounds. Do you think this is normal?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

The CDC reports that the "average" weight for a 12-year-old girl is usually around 68 pounds.  If your daughter weighs 79 pounds, she is NOT underweight; nor is she over weight.  

• 3 weeks ago

If they're average height for their age or above, you should speak to a doctor.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

How tall is your daughter? How tall are YOU? When did you start your periods? How tall is your daughter's father? I'd need more information before I can say whether or not your daughter is underweight.

• 3 weeks ago

Ngl you're kind of a bad mother if you ask Yahoo answers instead of going to a doctor like any sane person

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

NOT NORMAL...  Has she started her period blood yet?  If her %body fat is not high enough, she will not have period blood.

• Cozette
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

GB, By no means do I think it is bad that 12 to 15 year olds haven't started their menses. I have 4 adult daughters that each started at different ages. But when a girl does start, it should be celebrated.

• 3 weeks ago

How tall is she? 

Is she staying around the same percentile? 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

As I always say, you can never be too thin. Aim for 50lbs.

• need her height to give an accurate assessment of weight. 

https://fitnessclinicians.files.wordpress.com/2013... i like charts like these. although i'm not sure if it's applicable to a child. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

She’s half my age and I weigh the same. She’s just very petite unless she’s having any issues she’s fine.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      2 weeks agoReport

The CDC says that the average weight for a 12-year-old girl is around 68 pounds.

• 3 weeks ago

so I'm 19 and i only just got to 43kg even though i love eating junk. when i was 12 i was about the same weight and it didnt affect me. i guess it depends on why she's this weight? if its just normal for her or if she's starving herself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.