Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 3 weeks ago

will the person know i had filed a report against him?

If I reported a incident through my school's police officer, and the person isn't associated with the school, will the person know that a report is made about him

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

What did you report?

It may be possible to guess based on that alone.

If your testimony is required for trial, your identity can't be hidden from the defense.

Aside from those cases, the police won't reveal your name.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

If he is a real police officer, yes. If he's a security guard they aren't always certified law enforcement. Security guards are regular joes with a job, they're not police. If it's a real police officer then yes, they are required to follow up on all complaints and reports of illegal activity. The person accused will likely know unless you told the officer you don't want to be known and remain annonymous. A sercurity guard isn't legally required to do anything and they don't have authority to work outside of the property they're assigned to guard. So if it's a security guard it's unlikely anything will be done about it at all.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Following up on complaints DOES NOT require naming the person that filed a report in many cases and police ARE NOT required to investigate all complaints.

• 3 weeks ago

There is always that possibility.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.