Should I be worried about this?

So I have some friends that live kind of far from me that i haven't been able to visit in awhile and wanted to visit them the only thing is I'd have to take Uber. I'm not worried about getting there but getting back. Like what if I get stuck there lol. Like is it possible for the driver to get there and see where I need to go and then be like nope not going that far lol or do they see where they are going before they pick me up?

Favorite Answer

They do not know where you are going before they pick you up. But remember, that you need to be 18 to use Uber (per their rules) so a driver could deny you if you are not.

They see how far they are going before they pick you up.

• DEBS

Depending on the level of the driver (based on Uber's driver point system), they could know the distance and direction you are going when they accept the ride.  They always find out the exact location as soon as they pick you up.  

I had a driver just the other day text me after accepting the ride asking what city I was going to.  As soon as I told him, he dropped me and the app searched for someone else  He wasn't supposed to do that and he will get dinged on the Uber point system.  Where I live, there are Ubers 10 to a mile so getting another ride is not an issue.Also, you consider scheduling a ride if it's available in your area.  

I used to do uber eats, if it’s anything like actual uber than they usually don’t see precisely where you are requesting to go right off the bat. Once they accept your ride i believe it sends them your gps location with a solid route on their maps first with a transparent route from your location to where you’re requesting to go.