Dalia asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 3 weeks ago

SA Learner Driver Exceeding 100km/h?

Hi, I have my South Australian Learners Permit and I was driving on a country road where the speed limit was 110km/h. I wasn't fully sure what the speed limit was for a learner so I stuck to around 100km/h but occasionally got a bit confident and went up closer to 110km/h. There were point to point speed cameras on the road I was on. Will I lose my learners permit for this? I was driving in my dads car, will the point to point cameras have picked up that I had L plates on?

Favorite Answer

In short, no. The cameras detect the vehicle speed, there's no way of knowing what the restrictions are for a particular driver.  However, if you did exceed the limit for the road you're likely to hear about it soon.

• Dalia3 weeks agoReport

I didn't exceed the speed of the road, just the maximum speed for a learner

It is wrong and sanctimonious for New Zealand

Your permit is likely gone, the paperwork just has to work through the system.