Is it too late to stop smoking weed?

I started smoking daily from 17-18 years old, I am know almost 19 and am curious if I messed up my brain permanently, all the studies I've researched have conflicting results. My grades in college are above average, so I know it doesn't significantly affect my learning capabilities but I am open to the idea of stopping altogether or just slowing down. Anyone have thoughts, suggestions, experience? Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Marijuana could increase paranoia but as far as intelligence is concerned, the effects on the brain are insignificant and negligible. Unless you’re using marijuana morning, noon and night, you don’t have much to worry about. Just reduce your consumption, and use it less frequently. Treat marijuana like alcohol: it’s not meant to be consumed all the time, just have it once in a while. The only real issue with smoking marijuana - or smoking anything really - is that it could have a negative impact on your lungs. The lungs were meant to inhale oxygen and nothing else. If you’re unlucky, inhaling the ash or the smoke could irritate your air pathway and create severe problems. If you’re going to use marijuana, have it prepared in food and eat it. Some medical clinics sell cookies, brownies, smoothies,  gummy bears etc with marijuana in them. 

• Sean3 weeks agoReport

This is the exact answer I was looking for, thank you! 

• reme_1

If you stop now maybe you will be able to stay away from it forever. Better to be without any drugs.

The smoking part may be bad for you. An edible form would be better. Brain cells do regenerate. You might even try some without the THC that gets you high because apparently it still can make you feel good from getting rid of some aches and pains, to making you less anxious and able to sleep better. Like with anything, if you see a problem, either quit or cutback to see if that helps the situation.

• Zirp

I don't see how it could be too late. Too late for what?  It's not like the withdrawal will hurt you

Friend let me tell you how bad weed is for your brain you've been smoking weed now for about 2 years and now you're thinking about quitting okay how bad is weed really? It's so bad that it has damaged your thinking in the last 2 years into thinking oh well I've damaged my brain in any way so I'll just keep on smoking! You've already developed a serious addiction and you're looking for any way that you can possibly justify continuing it! No of course it's not too late but your brain is going to tell you that it is so that you can be deceived into remaining in your addiction you need professional help you're not just going to stop smoking weed. Get yourself a support group otherwise you're still going to retain the addiction I know you're talking to a person that was addicted to drugs for 30 years I understand how it works and I truly hope that you're able to help yourself by getting help.

i dont think its too late

You should stop smoking weed if you see negative side effects