Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 3 weeks ago

Remove root, Samsung Galaxy S4 IGGH-I337 (Unlocked 16GB)?

How do I remove root for Samsung Galaxy S4, it has Android 4.4.2? I used recovery software because my phones were wiped and it rooted my phone. I used root software to root and unroot but the first thing that this does is when my phone starts up, it shows the "Samsung Logo and it says Custom". I want to fix it to where it does not say custom and I want to recover my official os version instead of custom because when I go to the Settings>About>Info it would say "Device Status: Custom", before it would say "Device Status: Official". I used roots to unroot the device but it does not change the custom boot logo or the custom status. I used to be able to even log in to my Google account and this being custom even prevents me from signing into my Google account.

• 3 days ago

This website may help you https://geeksim.com

As far as I can tell, once you root (or attempt to root) your Samsung device, it trips the Knox counter and it will always know that you rooted it, even if you flash a stock image on the phone. Sorry I can't help much. Have you checked XDA Forums? That's probably the best choice when you have very specific Android questions.