Is it weird that I like to nibble or chew on the end of my dogs ears?

I dont hurt them.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No. I do it to my basset hound puppy all the time. His paws, too. I don't use my  teeth. Just gum it. So satisfying. 

• Donna
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Yes, that can make you sick. Lol.

• 4 weeks ago

dogs resent chewing on their body parts, this act is one of teasing, it is meant, subconsciously or not, to show dominance, ownership, and demands your dog accept it...if you were a small child some people could find reasons to excuse this behavior but it is unacceptable for an adult, I would consider you fortunate that your face has not been severely bitten in response... your dog must be extremely submissive.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes very weird ............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Nibble on my dogs ears ya say.....Not on your life........!  And yes i.m.h.o. its a very strange thing to do... And foolish should it be done to the wrong temperament of dog.

My dogs are working sheepdogs that are swum clean.... Anyway if you knew either of my dogs ..... Especially the dog pictured im sure you wouldnt attempt it either if you have any sense.

Attachment image
    Source(s): Just an ole Shepherd and his dogs and stock
  • 4 weeks ago

You are not wrong...... it's weird.   And how do you know you aren't hurting them - dogs will put up with a lot!!

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

AS long as the dogs don`t mind and you dry their ears afterwards, then, whatever floats your boat , mate 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• 4 weeks ago

Not if you're a dog. But if you are a human, yeah, that is weird.

• 4 weeks ago

In the wild chewing on a dog's ear is telling the dog That you're dominating it if you continue to do this your dog is going to eventually fear you and avoid you. Even if you're doing it softly

• 4 weeks ago

eww. yes it is weird. why?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.