Should I call a code enforcement officer to look at my leaking roof that is still under waranty.?

The roofing company that put the roof on are not cooperating to fix the problem.

• I care

So sorry this is happening concerning your new roof.  It is sad how many crooks are out there just looking for others unaware.  Talk to a lawyer as to what can be done,  and find out there fee first to know what is involved money wise.  Best of luck.

I got to thinking and usually we are given a warranty paper about such as you had put in...….take this also to the lawyer...

They are not in any way an officer- it's just a title. They'd take your money and then say tough @#%.

• JetDoc

"Code Enforcement" isn't going to help you.  If you want legal advice, go talk to a lawyer. 

You should call your lawyer. The contract is between you and the roofing company.

That would not help. They point out problems. They don't help you fix them. 

• Joe

If the roofer pulled a permit originally, and the work was inspected and approved afterward, your local code enforcement department will most likely not want to have anything to do with it at this point.

I think you are going to need an attorney.  It may or may not come to court; involving an attorney usually gets some kind of response from the contractor.

Code enforcement can CONDEMN the building until repairs are made. The CAN'T force the contractor to make repairs.

The way to recover damages from the contractor is to SUE. Your attorney will probably advise you to hire someone else to repair the roof and sue for the cost of doing so.

consult an attorney. you are going to end up suing, almost for certain

you can try doing that

• Greg

Usually the call would be to whomever controls contractor's licenses.