Santino B asked in PetsDogs · 3 weeks ago

What type of music do dogs like to listen to?

I just adopted to Chihuahuas who are two years old and I like to play music around them but I know that dogs don't like certain types of music. Being that The Cure is one of my favorite bands, I was wondering if they would have an issue with that genre of music. It would be nice if I could get a list of music types that you have played for your dogs and see what they may and may not like. My uncles dog likes the song "Atomic Dog" by George Clinton and they seem to too. I've read that all dogs love reggae and stuff like that I'm pretty sure they like the band Sublime.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

I don't think dogs can like a certain genre, but some sounds might hurt their ears, so be wary of that. I have a lab and he's fine with any genre, but we try not to play any heavy metal or hard rock too loud around him.

• 2 weeks ago

according to a new study published in the Journal of Behavior and Physiology, pets like the sounds of reggae or soft rock more than any other genre.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Me basset hound puppy likes jazz. Cal Tjader, Vince Guaraldi, Grover Washington Jr., etc. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

They don't, moron. It hurts their ears.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

When we go out, if I leave a radio on not the TV, I choose a classical station, playing softly - remembering their hearing is far more accute than ours.   The calmer the music, the better.

• 3 weeks ago

It's called "Who let the dogs out"

• :;
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Snoop Dogg or Nate Dogg 

• 3 weeks ago

Dogs are not human. They do not "not like" certain music.

There are only certain sound frequencies that bother them, but those are frequencies that human ears can't hear. So if your ears can hear the music, then it is sound that is not at all bothersome to the dog.

• Donna
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

I guess instrumental or any type.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

it depends on the dog, theyre all different

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.