Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 3 weeks ago

What causes these feelings?

Right now I’m not in the best of place and have been feeling quite depressed for a variety of reasons and also getting worse with the cold weather. So my stomach will have this constant churning empty feeling and I also feel empty emotionally, what causes that? 

In the Autumn season the nights begin to get longer and darker, and it increases into the Winter season.  There is a type of seasonal effective disorder which causes anxiety to set in for some people.  Oddly enough, when one becomes aware of this process of darkness creeping in on them, as a yearly event, they are able to cope better with it. 

• Chanel

Sounds like seasonal effective disorder.

The stomach churning is anxiety. If you feel anxious or scared try to force yourself to go out or you will think too much stuck in your home.

Also remember that you are not alone as there are many people who suffer anxiety like yourself.

Could you visit your doctor and see what he/she says.

this time of the year and the darker days might be causing some sort of depression.

Sounds like you have anxiety, possibly brought on by SAD (seasonal affective disorder).