Yahoo automatically sends a copy of my outgoing Email to my Sent folder and I don't want that.?

I use the Thunderbird Email system on a Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) SP1 desktop computer. AT&T (fiber) is my ISP. I use an IMAP mail server and a SMTP outgoing server.

When one writes a new message in Thunderbird, a copy of that message is placed in a folder that the user has selected; normally the Sent folder. Thunderbird has an option to place Email replies in the folder of the message being replied to. If that option is selected, then NO reply is placed in the Sent folder.

But when I use Yahoo as my outgoing server, a reply is always placed in the Sent folder (as well as in the folder of the message being replied to), no matter what settings I choose. If I use a non-Yahoo outgoing server, then when I reply to an Email, no reply is placed in the Sent folder, which is what I want.

There are several messages in this forum such as "my eMail automatically send copies of my outgoing email to both sent & incoming mail & I want to stop it?", and "sent e-mails not being saved to sent folder?". The answer to both of these messages explains that one can select Mail Options, then General, then When Sending Message, and then check/uncheck 'Save a copy of the message in the Sent folder'.

But both of these messages are about 7 years old. I have no When Sending Message option that I can find. So with the current Yahoo mail (either standard or Classic) where do I find this setting so I can uncheck  'Save a copy of the message in the Sent folder'?

Lex

• Sharon

There is no setting to stop mail from being saved in the sent folder. That is not an option. You cannot change the way your mail account  works when it sends mail.