Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationToys · 2 months ago

how long should it take to solve a Rubik's cube for the first time?

say you buy one, give it a good scramble and start to solve it. how long should it take? 5 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins, more?

Depends on the person. I think a lot of people never solve it.

If you are following a tutorial you should budget atleast an hour for your first solve it may seem like a long time but as you keep doing solves those times go down fast

it took me forever😨

Well I am guessing about 40 min or 30 min. That's how much it took me when I was solving it for the first time.

well, for the very first time it takes around... 1 week to fully solve a mied up rubiks cube

.i never did it

never did it.........................

I never did it :( 

• Bill

depends on your iq level and you understanding of maths

people with low iq and not education will just use it as a colorful book stop

More... 

There was a study done on this in the 1980's I think.  200 randomly selected 8-12 year old schoolchildren were given a Rubik's cube and told to solve it within the span of 2 days (over the weekend), working nonstop.  164 of the children (82%) completed the task within 2 days.  The average solving time for those who completed the task was 3.2 hours, with a standard deviation of 1.7 hours.  The distribution was highly right-skewed.  Out of the 18% (36 kids) who did not finish the task within the span of 2 days, only 12 finished eventually, likely working at their own pace, up to several months later.