Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 3 weeks ago

Concern about joining swimming?

Hey, I kinda want to join swimming. There is just one concern and it's about the speedo. I want to wear the speedo it's just I'm so embarrassed to tell my parents. I know they'll still love me it is just really embarrassing in my opinion. Can y'all give me some advice please thank you.

• martin

The speedo would mean something only to the people sitting and watching the swimmers. It's not that important to the swimmers themselves.

• Gary

Your parents will understand the swimwear, and it's possible they may have even worn similar clothes for swimming when they were younger.

Considering all the guys will be in speedos, you won't look as embarrassing as if it were only you wearing one.

Also, your parents have almost definitely seen you in worse circumstances growing up... they did change your diapers, after all