How much can I sell a used acoustic piano for?

I have a GREAT CONDITION Barratt & Robinson Upright Acoustic Piano that i don't need anymore and was wondering how much I could sell it for? (in AUD)

Favorite Answer

Place it in a good drinking establishment would be a good place for to sell it too....

• Betta Girl3 weeks agoReport

I only gave you best answer because you were the only answer, it was still a stupid answer though.

• John

I got mine for free - a console in excellent shape.  Paid $100 to have it moved.

You own an 800-pound object that is not in much demand.  What YEAR of manufacture is it?  I did not find in in a short search No, it does not have any antique or much musical value. It will cost more to MOVE the thing than it is worth. I piano technician might take the ivories, for repair on fine pianos (endangered species - you cannot get real ivory anymore, except from old pianos).  A cabinet maker might convert the case , if the wood is in great shape, to a desk or wine cabinet.  The plate and string can be sold for metal scrap.  The possibility of you GIVING IT AWAY might exist - but the receiver will have to move it.  Larry Fine is an expert in this area - and you will soon see that what you have just might be potential firewood.  Good luck - but old or used pianos are white elephants.

https://www.pianobuyer.com/article/buying-a-used-o...

Source(s): Career professional ,multi-degreed musician in NY areas since 1973. Owner of gorgeous rebuilt Steinway squaretail A - 1910
  • Mike

When my grandmother died, we could not get rid of her 1880 era upright piano. It was not made by a famous piano maker. The Salvation Army and Goodwill wouldn't take it. I finally had to take a sledge hammer to it and break it into pieces that we added to the garbage cans for several weeks.

Look on Craigslist for a similar piano. That would give you an idea of the price your piano could sell for.