Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

Would it be an okay idea for being followed on Yahoo Answers to give you points?

Favorite Answer

No, that is a horrible idea..........because there are 100's people here that want to "follow" me.......

and most are the same stalker nutbag, with his 50 fake accounts. 

Who only want to follow me,  to STALK and HARRASS ME. 

I had to set my account to allow NO new Followers,  because this idiot creates  20 new accounts a DAY.   You get one suspended,  he creates 10 more. 

That sort of behavior should not in any way be rewarded.- 

I'd rather see a merit system-------where the longer you maintain an account here,  you are given  a BONUS.  Or Untouchable status or something. 

It's a miracle my account has made is this far,  with being stalked DAILY by the same  LOSER who plays multiple accounts here,  24-7-365-.

• .

There's no reason for being followed to provide a 'reward' of points. Points are given for quality answers, since the site is Yahoo Answers and not Yahoo Networking. That would be another abused feature, and many would just use their multiple accounts to follow the account they're trying to level up. Being able to have followers here is a bonus, but it isn't necessary for the site to function as designed. It's supposed to be a repository of knowledge/experience, so who is following who isn't the point of the site (unlike social media, where your number of friends, fans, or followers is a status symbol of sorts...for some).

• Daniel

I dont think Yahoo would do that since Cheaters could use that way to Cheat through the Point System and Make a Bunch of Accounts and Follow one Account just to get Points

I doubt Yahoo/Verizon Media would make such a change to this site.  They already got a point system.  But you could always make a suggestion to Verizon Media.  Don't listen to those who say Verizon is not going to do it.  They said the same thing about anonymous.  It is not up to the users here it is up to Verizon Media.  Just ignore those types of answers.

No. Verizon/Yahoo gave you 100 points as a sign up bonus. What you do with those 100 points is up to you. Questions COST 5 points EACH. You ger 2 points when you answer a question, 3 points when you choose a best answer to your questions, but you have to wait at least 1 hour or until.the question gets 1 or modd answers that is not your own answer. 

Many people don't allow followers. I still do, but many people have been and are being stalked and targeted intentionally. 

YA is NOT Facebook or Twitter. Verizon/Yahoo is not going to encourage possible privacy invasion by rewarding you for following someone or being followed. YA already has enough abuse problems that have not been resolved in over 10 years. 

No, because people would immediaely create multiple accounts, just to follow their main account and get free points for nothing.

Stupid idea... but Yahoo Answers is well known for it's stupid ideas, so you never know.

Every idea is a good idea, because the whole process of a simple though to making it up into an idea involves few brain parts that were used in order to make the idea be born. In other words, your brain probably expanded for a little bit while you came up with the simple idea of whatever it was. Now if people tell you it's a bad idea, that is biased answer, and it may be a bad idea for them - but not for you

Maybe I am trolling a bit now xD

That would be a very bad idea.

All that feature would really do is encourage point gamers to create as many sock accounts as possible.

The 50-account trolls in the Politics section (like Ninefinger) are bad enough.