Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 4 weeks ago

Who do you think was a better singer Elvis Presley or Robert Plant?

Presley. Although one wonders what sort of voice he would have had, had he lived to the age Plant is now, what with all of his (Elvis's) excesses. Plant's voice, after dropping off in range fairly dramatically by the mid to late 70s, has actually held up well since that time. Relatively clean living, I am sure, having a large part to play with that. He's also more of a MUSICIAN than Elvis ever was or could have been.

Elvis by far......................

Robert Plant, his vocal range was way bigger than Presley's

Elvis Presley was better.

• audrey

Loved Elvis, but I gotta say Robert Plant. Loved "Tall Cool One".

• Gonzo

I haven't heard much of Elvis music 

• marty

Elvis of course.Paul McCartney, Roger Daltrey, Robert Plant, Bono, David Bowie and Bruce Springsteen all wanted to be Elvis.

Elvis. You picked two very different singers to compare. 

Both were soul singers. I liked both. But Elvis was a little more mellow.

Sheer singing Elvis was the better singer but Robert Plant was a better singer for Led Zeppelin. 

I don't know, it might just be me but I think that Elvis is one of the greatest Baritone singers ever recorded. His vocal techniques completely evolved over the span of his recording career. The early Sun Sessions and RCA albums sound nothing like the later Memphis sessions that he recorded in 1968 on From Elvis in Memphis. Elvis came back as his old self in the black leather and flamboyant hair one last time before his manager put him in the sadder Vegas days.