Why does my dad not like it when I bite my nails? ?

I can't stand when my nails grow long and it's better than clippers imo just wondering what the big problem 

Favorite Answer

Because it is actually a bad habit

It can be annoying to some people, like cracking your knuckles. Or maybe his parents were very strict about his bad habits. Anyway, as long as you don't bite them too short it's harmless, but you'll have irregular nails, which isn't very neat, but that's your choice.

My dad was the same never knew why

Because he secretly wants to bite them for you.

LOL that sounds so wrong. Just ignore him. 

My mom hates it to, I just do it anyways lol

Yes, many people say it is a bad habit, and it is. However, besides the fact that it's a bad habit and is "unattractive", your nails contain lots of bacterias/germs. Regardless if you constantly wash your hands, you will always be touching things whether its your clothes, your phone, your face. All these examples are also touching other things.

• LM440

Putting your fingers into your mouth regularly is not a good habit.  Bitten fingernails are not an attractive look.  Those are normally the two main points against nail biting.

maybe because he knows you scratch your nasty asss with them and pull your drawers out of the crack..

He wants to bite them for you after a special length but if you keep biting them they wont ever get to that length. 

i bite my nails too and my dad hates it! my dad is a doctor so hes a mjor germaphobe so thats why i think he hates it 

Arrggh, I've never bitten my nails, the thought of jagged ends catching on clothing gives me goosebumps, not to mention bits of nail in my mouth. Nail-biting is a bad habit and your dad is trying to get you to stop it.