Should I be worried about my TSH level for my thyroid? ?

Hi, so I have lost a lot of weight over the last two years, I have always had tremors as a child, but I have been having palpitations throughout the last 6 months. I went to the Gp and got them to check my thyroid levels and the results say that it is 1. The Internet says that TSH should be between around 0.4-4? Is 1 a safe level? 

I'm a 20 year old female 

• k w

I too had palpitations.....so I took mag/phos, a homeopathic preparation, and the palpitations just stopped...within a minute, so I found some ionic minerals, and took them, and haven't had another episode since....and that was in the 90's....the best reco I got recently was [ 20,000 secrets of tea ] it's cheap and effective, you can learn lots from a cheap paperbacks....try not to trust the quacks so much, I know they need the money, just learn on your own..AND you won't have to worry about side effects from dangerous drugs from the quacks.....

1 is between 0.4 and 4 and so that is within the reference range where the TSH should be. 

There is no indication that you have hypo or hyperthyroidism based on the TSH. 

The doctor will continue down the list diagnostic possibilities.