how do i find the well on my property?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Unless your home is very old there will be a pipe coming out of the ground (which is the well) and then goes back under ground to the home.  If there are wires coming out of the well then you have a pump in the well.  If not then there should be a pump near the home.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Ive been searching mine for 15+ years. I am about to rememeber I don't have a well.

• 3 weeks ago

The well is usually close to the house.  And there should be remnants of concrete around it.  On abandoned farms, you can see the old windmills, and other building materials.   

• y
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Hopefully, not by falling through it. It should be listed on the site plans. If it is not, it is going to be hit or miss.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Typically the pump will be mounted right on top of the well casing. So if you can find the pump, then you have found the well. If there is no pump, then perhaps the well is located near your property. Perhaps on an adjacent property to which it is probably a shared well with some of your neighbors. County records of your property should have the well placement on the recorded document drawings. Otherwise if all else fails, you may need a person with a metal detector to follow the piping to lead you to where the well is. If the well is an old fashion hole in the ground and it is not on any drawings, then maybe a ground penetrating radar device can find where the well void is buried. Depending on how desperate you are to find the well, start using cheaper methods and work you way to the higher end methods. Maybe even a previous owner or tenant of your property may know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.