Is it possible the Earth hosted intelligent life prior to humans, but they went extinct?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes. Hominids existed for millions of years who could hunt and gather, build shelters, make plans, light fires, and had limited cognitive and reasoning abilities. We have found many of their fossils and cave paintings. But, don't mistake them for human. They had no language, writing, no towns or villages, no trade or technology. These things only came with Homo Sapiens after the last Ice Age about 10,000 BC.

The oldest human writing is c. 3400 BC and the pyramids were built about the same time. The flood caused by (or at least aided by) the melting ice eliminated all prior hominid species.

• jon pike
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I'm just agreeing with the evolutionists and atheists here on this one. "There's no evidence so it never happened."

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, it's possible, but we have no fossil evidence to support it. Homo erectus was intelligent enough to build boats or rafts and spread into Asia.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Ilf so, we would certainly have found not only fossils of them, but also evidence of the structures they built.

• 4 weeks ago

Possible, but very very unlikely.  It's hard to imagine how they would not have left any evidence of their existence. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

It is possible, but it seems unlikely that they could have been around for very long, since intelligent life (at least in the way that we think of it) tends to use tools, so we would expect to find the remains of such tools. 

• 4 weeks ago

NOT LIKELY....GENESIS IS ALL TRUE AND THIS WORLD IS ABOUT 6000 YRS OLD...U CAN CONSULT A TRINITY PASTOR IF U WISH.

• You can consult any one you like but the Earth is NOT 6000 years old.   There is no evidence that it is, and plenty of evidence that it is much older then that.   There are temples in Turkey that are older then that.  

• 4 weeks ago

Seeing that the Earth has had life for almost a billion years and many different species have lived and become extinct in that time an earlier and intelligent species could have arisen in all that time. 

Unfortunately no evidence of intelligent life / civilizations beyond the various species of Homo has been found.  

Several intelligent species exist on Earth today. None has a material culture like humans do. 

• Somehow I don't think microfossils of microorganisms had any material culture or civilization as the question asked.   I figured that the various non chordates had enough brain power to have any kind of civilization.  So @1,000,000,000 years is my lower limit of possible civilizations.

• 4 weeks ago

Absolutely 110%. 

The first human-colony on Earth was called Lemuria, 

and before that it was the age of upright walking aliens

called Draconians (they brought dinosaurs to our planet). 

Lemuria was a grand island-continent that stretched

from Australia to Hawaii over 500,000 years ago. It 

was founded by humans from Sirius B, Pleiades and 

Orion. It's capitol, named Ahatana on Maui was made 

of blue sapphires plus lapis lazuli and was quiet a site 

to behold. 

Atlantis and Noah's Flood came later. 

• that would assuming lie erupts spontaneous and for no purpose.  that is a wrong assumption

so no

• Pyriform
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I don't know, some of the lies people tell on this site seem to be spontaneous and for no purpose!

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, there were talking snakes.

• Ted K
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

And burning bushes that talked!  And talking snakes, too!  Ah, the good ol' days...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.