Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 3 weeks ago

can anyone help explain the significance of the death of God for Neitzsche.  ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

He said that after WWII, which came on the heels of WWI, when people thought that either there was no God or God forgot about us. So he wasn't talking about what he believed, like he was an atheist, but what he thought society was thinking.

And the Jews of course loved that, because the world is predominately Christian, and so they printed it in their famous publications, like the front cover of Time magazine.

• 3 weeks ago

Yes, Revelations is a chapter in the Bible about what the world would look like if God was dead. Since we've already witnessed much of that here, now in life there's credence to the claim God is dead. But remember a madman said it. For a truly sane person can't survive in a Godless world. Yet, here we are, surviving. Therefore either we are all mad, or there is no God. Since we can prove some of us are sane , then God must be dead.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.

Friedrich Nietzsche

In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Mystical explanations are thought to be deep; the truth is that they are not even shallow.

Friedrich Nietzsche

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche

• 3 weeks ago

i cant, i never did study his philosophy, but i know God is not Dead, no matter what words he said.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

No, of course not, because God hasn't obligingly dropped dead. He can't.

• 3 weeks ago

I AGREE WITH NCWJ....

• Doug
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

With a deceased deity, there is no longer any supreme, legitimate, moral authority, so anything becomes acceptable.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 3 weeks ago

That The Enlightenment had somehow eliminated the need for God. This wasn't a good thing as Judeo/Christian influenced Western values would fail and the result would be millions of deaths.

As we seen happen.

• 3 weeks ago

Nietzsche used the phrase to express his idea that the Enlightenment had eliminated the possibility of the existence of God.

• No God, No responsibility, No Responsibility No Judgment  no Judgment, no punishment

Ignorance

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.