Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

do feminists view transgender women as true women and welcome them into their ranks?

or do they view transgender women still as male wannabe' females and hate them as much as they hate all men? and how do feminists view transgender men? as traitors to women and the feminist cause?

I have a friend who is mtf gender fluid / a trans woman. They tell me the women who accept them as a woman are some of the best people they've met and they value their empathy and support hugely. Fact: women can be absolutely fantastic about trans women - super supportive and life affirming. There is nothing so amazing for a trans woman than to be accepted into the sisterhood in a natural and supportive way. Naturally some of these will be feminists also. (Others have different views, of course, I'm not being naive.)

Different feminists have different views on the matter. Also, feminists don't generally hate all men. TBH I don't believe you haven't heard about the massive ructions going on about this. Just go to MumsNet and look up feminism or look at gendercritical on reddit.

There's a split: libfems (third wave) worship transwomen and think they're the superior form of women. Radical feminists (second wave) think they're misogynists with a sexual paraphilia (AGPs) or have internalized homophobia and are to be pitied (HSTS). Libfems barely pay attention to transmen but do consider them actual men. Radfems usually think they're self-hating lesbians to be sympathized with. Though ones who attack women's legal rights (Freddy McConnell) are traitors.

As you can probably tell, I agree with the radfems. Second wave feminists back in the 70s saw transwomen for what they were (autogynephiles) and kicked their asses out of the movement. See, Janice Raymond. This is why transwomen hate them so intensely and spend their lives getting them fired, banning them from social media, and attacking their children instead of something more productive like tackling street prostitution (most murdered transwomen are hookers) or building rape/homeless shelters for transwomen. It's a very male reaction.

edited to add: You might have seen "TERF" hurled around. ("Kill/rape all TERFs!" they chirp, totally unlike violent men who hate women.) That's about this split. It's an acronym for Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists. Though it's not accurate since they consider transmen to be women and part of radical feminism. And trans activists have become so extreme you get called a TERF for thinking biological sex or homosexuality exist at all. If you don't think women can have penises, congrats you're a TERF! ...never spend more than 3 hours on Tumblr.

Many feminists do welcome trans women and men. 

However, outside the mainstream, there's a vocal fringe of TERFs (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists) that bash trans women. TERFs speak of trans men as if they're really just lesbians attempting to identify out of womanhood, and often ignore non-binary people altogether.

Depends... the modern extreme leftist whack job ones seem daft enough to.

Some of the old-school feminists are somewhat less impressed at the idea, with Aussie feminist Germaine Greer almost getting lynched a few years ago for claiming “Just because you lop off your d**k and then wear a dress doesn't make you a f***ing woman. I’ve asked my doctor to give me long ears and liver spots and I’m going to wear a brown coat but that won’t turn me into a f***ing cocker spaniel."

3 weeks agoReport

Still funny. Libfems throwing Germaine Greer out of feminism tells you exactly how self-defeatingly stupid they are.

Women file suit over transgenders unfairly competing in women's sports.  They argue this is a violation of protection for women in sports guaranteed under Title IX.   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-65...

1. I don't hate men.

2. Transgender women are women, and they are mostly awesome.

3. Transgender men are not traitors to anything, they are men.

• Bill

Depends. Some feminists are open to transgenders being in their ranks, while others are not. The ones that accept them in their ranks usually agree with the claims made by transgenders, while of course the feminists that don't accept transgenders in their ranks do not agree with the claims made by transgenders.

On a side note, it's pretty well established at this point that Bruce was not a good father to his daughters. All you have to do is watch how they treated him on the show to get the idea that he was generally disregarded and not respected by his daughters. 

He was also if you recall very timid and ineffectual when trying to talk to them, which is likely why they disregarded him in the first place.  

Really Guardian, where do you even get 90% of the stuff you post? All evidence points to Bruce being terrible as a parent. Oh and btw, it's usually fathers that have more influence on how their daughters will approach relationships, not mothers. If the father fails the chances their daughter will be slut goes up. 

I do.

Have always been a Bruce Jenner fan. Am very proud he's now Caitlyn Jenner. That's got to be the hardest thing to endure, publically.

Aside from her hit and run incident, I think she's one of the best parental guides I've ever seen.

I blame her daughters wh0rey reputations on Kris Jenner. Lol It's all Kris' fault. But they became filthy rich millionaires and billionaires. Kylie Jenner, the baby makes more than all.

A feminist works at one of my local super markets. She's always got such a crappy look on her face. Such a downer of a person to be around. She probably got the job because that's what she was, a feminist. Scare mongering companies into hiring you to avoid some petty childish uprising.