Why do LGBT people bother conservatives so much?

Why do you guys care what others do with their lives? Most of you have never met a single person who is gay or transgender anyways.

First off, I'm sure they've seen plenty of homosexual people. Transgender people are strange, but few and far between. The reason many conservatives don't like members of the LGBTQ community is because conservatives don't like change. Sure homosexuality has been around since at least the time of Ancient Greece, but many people still see it as strang. Many people believe that procreation is important and since trans people and homosexual people can't procreate in the traditional sense many bigots see them as unnatural. I personally am alright with homosexual people as they still enjoy many of the same things straight people are interested in and they stay the sex they were born with...for the most part. Homosexual people can also procreate in a way via in vitro fertilization or a surrogate. The world is becoming over populated though and there's many orphans. Adoption is another option if you want children as many people do 

• Not all conservatives. Some conservatives are gay. Some don't mind gays.

• Dark Alchemist
      4 weeks agoReport

Very true, but unfortunately there are many bigoted conservatives. As for why, see my answer. 

Based on the sheer number of anti-lgbt conservatives who have gotten busted trolling for gay sex, it's pretty obvious that the most virulently anti-gay are themselves deeply closeted and self-loathing.

Their religion also fills their heads with all kinds of nonsense.

• Sara

I have no idea. I've never really seen a rational response.

• reme_1

They like to control other peoples' lives.

The ironic thing is conservatives always rail against "big government", but they have no trouble using government to oppress other people (LGBT people for example) that they don't like.

• It's the other way around. Conservatives tend to bother LGBT people more

• Arc7

Both the groups bother each other. They will become friends very soon.