Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetGoogle · 4 weeks ago

if i talk to someone on google hangouts how easy can i be found if i didnt give them my real name or tell them what city or state i live in?

so i met a girl on a social networking site a while ago and we decided to talk on google hangouts via text and also via audio/voice call. a few days ago i decided to cease talking to her, for various reasons that i will not get into. i blocked her and then deleted my hangouts account as i no longer wished to use it. when i was talking to this girl i gave her a false name to keep my identity safe, i also gave her false  info in terms of what city and state i live in. since i didnt give this girl my cellphone number and since i gave her false info. and since i deleted my account im wondering how easy or difficult would it be for her or her family/friends to find out where i live, as well as my name and age. since i lied about my age name and city to stay safe as i dont trust people on the net? would she be able to find the ip address i used to connect to hang outs and use that to track me or no?

Favorite Answer

They can't but about any armchair hacker can backtrack your URL and find the location, even behind VPN.

......................