Epson Printer head alignment ?

I have an Epson WF2530 that is printing double letters (not sure if that's the correct term). I have cleaned the heads and tried to realign it multiple times with no luck. Does this mean I need to get a new printer or can I fix the problem? I attached a pict to show how it's printing

A guess is the printhead is not traversing correctly left to right on the rails that hold it.  You might have sticky ones from dried lube.  Clean them off and apply new silicone grease.  That might help.  Or the drive belt from motor that moves head has slack.

Source(s): Still have my 1995 era Epson Stylus Color IIs that had sticky rail--only a search on Internet helped. Not even customer support thought of it.
  • keerok

You did what you can and that's what I'd do to but since it didn't work (did you try using both extreme settings?), the only choice left is to buy a new printer.

• George

Long time since I had an Epson but as far as I remember, click on the Properties of the printer and from there it should be possible to access a menu for re-setting the print head alignment. Try several settings until it looks right, though you'll need several sheets of paper until it's perfect.

• Tica03123 months agoReport

I've done this like 30 times by now and it looks the same, thats why I'm thinking there is nothing else to do but get a new printer. (Ive gone through new cartridges doing this).