Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

My pastor just announced he is gay?

I’m not sure what I’m suppose to think of this. I am a new Christian and only just found this amazing congregation a few months ago. Our pastor this morning announced that he is gay but will continue his passion as a pastor. I don’t believe it’s the right thing to do for him as it goes against everything he is suppose to be teaching and suppose to represent, I feel like now I am being forced to search for a new church as I can’t truly follow a man who lives such a life and makes the choices he does.

What should I do? 

Apparently yahoo answers isn’t as good as everyone said it was, y’all are su trolls you don’t even know it. 😂😂😂 

Favorite Answer

It depends what he means by 'gay'. Does he mean he is afflicted by homosexual temptations, but he rejects them, holds to the Christian truth, and lives chastely, or does he mean he is openly engaging in sinful behaviour? The one is tolerable, the other is not. If a church is not lead by a true shepherd, then how will the flock be protected and saved?

• kyle4 weeks agoReport

I have been told that he doesn’t believe in sex before marriage, he also is single. So I think it may be that he just recognizes his sexuality but I don’t think he acts on it ever.

This comment gives me hope THANK YOU for being genuinely helpful and insightful. I appreciate it

"Supposed," not "suppose."

Continue your search for a different church, one that has the structure, doctrines, authority, and saving ordinances that existed in Christ's original church. When the Holy Ghost bears witness of truth to you, then you've found it.

• Paul

Sexual orientation itself if not a moral issue. The one Church Jesus Christ founded has many homosexual members in good standing. They live their lives as God calls them to live, just like the heterosexual members. If your pastor is not involved in sexual activity, it doesn't matter that he has this psychosocial disorder. However, if He plans on living in sin, then I would look for another church.

Being Gay is not a sin against God, or are there any verses which teach that being Gay is sinful. It is the Homosexual ACT of having SEX with the same sex, that is against God and is sinful.

A man attracted to another man, is NOT sinful. A man having sex with another man that is an abomination.

But this generation equates LOVE with Sex. As if it is impossible for a man to love another man without including sex into the relationship, they do error and lack understanding that LOVE and SEX are NOT one and the same.

• Doug

Follow the dictates of your conscience.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org

You should believe that gay pastors can be good pastors also, sometimes even better pastors, you judge because you don't understand that mercy is better. You should admire your pastor, finally he has taken up his cross, when will you? 

• kyle4 weeks agoReport

When I learn more , new Christian I’m still getting my old uneducated views out of the way. I was a non believer for 30 years and I was lead to believe that falsely. Now I’m learning new things, I’m only human just like my pastor. No one is perfect. 🙄

More of that water baptism coming out of the closet!

Look at their "MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Revelation 17:5)

(((ALL))) "Christian" denominations >>>SHOT OFF<<< from?

What do you expect?

When you "ADD" to the Word of God like today's "Christians" have "ADDED" another baptism (Ephesians 4:5), a 3 in 1 god (I Corinthians 12:6), and setting up tables as they did under the "FIRST COVENANT" (Hebrews 9:1-2)

YOU'RE GOING TO BE FOUND A LIAR (Proverbs 30:6)

AND COME OUT OF THE CLOSET!

"What's done in secret will come to the light" (Luke 8:17)!

I suppose you think other preachers who are not gay are sin-free and will be till the day they die. 

Oh and you think others preachers are not when they preach and continue to sin. All you are doing is making excuses for them and not for gays. You like to pick and choose which sin is worse than the other based on your personal feelings towards gays.

I think you are a mentally phucked hypocritical Christian. You are the phuckin idiot if you think other preachers are not doing anything against your bullsh!t god. 

You are way past idiot first off by thinking other pastors are any more innocent than a gay pastor and grabbing at straws is talking about me not being able to read when you already know everything you are saying is bullsh!t and resorting to insults because you know I am right. So you can kindly go ***** yourself. I am sure you would be the only one to do it.

OH now you insulted me by calling me a Christians. Like I am some hypocritical piece of sh!t like you that thinks you are better than others because you believe in some invisible goat herder.

I am sure it does you good to believe some god loves you because no one else does.

B-tch duces because you are not talking about sh!t with the English you think you know so well. Lame *** Disney Land insults.

• kyle4 weeks agoReport

You poor soul, I will pray for you and your dilusions. Darling child.

Nice fiction story.  Needs more dancing pigeons.

• kyle4 weeks agoReport

You don’t believe that a human being can do this? You’re off.

Good for him I'm glad he's happy

• kyle4 weeks agoReport

I’m glad he’s happy to but He should still step down as he isn’t leading the way God wants him too.