was what i did wrong?

so my best friend in college was into this girl a couple of months ago and they hooked up once but that was it, she wasnt into him and they basically stopped talking after that. 2 months later (now) i got her number and started talking to her and we decided to hang out. i asked my friend 3 times if he would mind if i hooked up with her and he said it was fine with him each time. so i did and now hes been a little distant with me these past couple of days and his other friend even got really mad at me and said what i did was messed up. was it wrong of me to do this?

• Jerry
    Favorite Answer

Two people are either mutually committed to not "see" other people. Or they're not. If he's not claiming this lady, not publicly declaring his interest in her, his pursuit of her, then it's unreasonable of him to object to others pursuing her. 

Yes it is wrong and bound to make things difficult between you, your best friend and wider group of friends. Unfortunately, friendships often break up over this kind of thing. You made your choice... now own it. This girl just might be worth it though...

No, you're good..............