Kasey asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

If I fed a cat two days ago, what are the chances of it coming back to visit again?

I fed a cat about two days ago when I heard it meowing from outside my window. It seemed to be really hungry because it was around for 30 mins eating mackerel and chicken.

It was a nice encounter but I can't tell if it's a stray since it was really clean, it just didn't have a collar. Ive been leaving out small treats of tuna or chicken outside where I fed it, when I check in the morning its always gone. 

What are the chances that it's this cat eating the food?

Favorite Answer

Depends on whether it is a hungry alley cat or not. Some cats miss their owners (human company) when their owners go to work during the day, and they go around looking for people for affection. If they are fed and/or if people who feed them look like their owners (cats do not have very sharp eyesight), then they may go back again and again. The cat in your picture does not look like an alley cat and it looks friendly. If you pet it the next time, then it may come back for more petting.

• Kasey3 weeks agoReport

I saw it last night looking for me. Sweet cat but I think it's a stray even though it's clean. I live in the suburbs where the streets are clean. :))

That, or one of the other local cats. Or the local opossums or raccoons.

• PAMELA

It could be the cat, it could be rats!

• liz

Cats are very greedy, they will beg  food from anyone. That cat is too clean to be a stray. And it looks very well fed. It is a smart cat :)