Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 weeks ago

I feel bad for always asking people to give me a ride. What should I do?

I feel like I’m being an annoying friend for always asking the same people for a ride. I don’t want to ask strangers/acquaintance for a ride bc that would be awkward. I’m always asking the same few people because my parents are busy with work all the time. They have a 9 to 5 job. Sometimes my dad travels or works on Saturday. 

I can’t bike to places and I don’t want to walk in the freezing cold. Also, I don’t have my license. I’m only 17.I don’t want people to think I’m using my friends. What can I do to not feel guilty and to show them that I am a good friend? 

I DON’T HAVE MY LICENSE!

• Foofa

You shouldn't have to do this. Your parents should be arranging your transportation. But if they're remiss in this (in the age of Kid Uber/Rent-a-Nanny and the like) you should at least hand over a few bucks for gas any time you're lucky enough to catch a ride with another parent.

Ride ur dog man, that’s what I do

• Ocimom

Best way is to give  them gas money or pay for their lunch, etc.  

I'm one of the guys people call when they need a ride. And I've been going through the opposite of this just recently myself.

Personally, I do t mind running people around all day. The problem comes when they don't have anything with them that they can use to pay me something for my time and the daily maintenance costs of my car.

People do t seem to realise that there are costs associated with driving a person across town in their vehicle. There's the time of the drivers life that could be used doing something else. They are also performing a service to you. 

And the gas, oil, tires, insurance, etc

But... If the person has something like gas money plus a buck or two for their time, "I'll do it all day." 

My boyfriend takes me because of the FA and Seizures cannot because of my two major issues.  I love college and University suits me.  I don't do Frat parties because of the alcohol and sex upstairs.  Plus my boyfriend does not like the puking and passing out and stuff.  

So try to find other ways to get there.  Don't be cowed by idiots.

Take public transportation.  If that is not available, most countries permit the use of low powered motor scooters by most teens who are too young to drive.

If you have to do this regularly, then you have to set up some kind of regular 'thank  you'. Say every third ride, pay them $10, or something.

Obviously  you ARE using your friends, so you have to SHOW that you appreciate their kindness.

When you CAN bike, or walk, you SHOULD. Again, this SHOWS that you aren't taking your rides for granted.

I lived in a small city. It had buses, and a train. I walked to a town out of the city where I was living, and it has 36,566 people living it, but that might have changed, and I didn't see any public transportation, so I was stuck walking. I ended up hitchhiking. Because I chose to walk somewhere where some people thought it was dangerous, so someone offered me a lift back to near where I was living.

I tried getting my drivers license, and I got my G1, but I didn't go any further. I never got my G2, or G drivers license. My G1 license expired a long time ago. However, I got my boating license, so I am happy about it.

Well I don't know what else to say.

I don't have a drivers license. I use public transportation. Have you heard of something that's called a bus, or train?

If you want you can go on a buss, or probably on a train by yourself, and you don't need to ask anyone to drive you wherever you want to go.

I know I said I don't have a drivers license, but I do have a boating license, so if decide to buy a boat then I can travel on water depending on where I choose to put it.

• Edna
      2 weeks agoReport

There may be no busses, or trains, or any other kind of public transportation in the town in which he lives. There are many towns (especially small towns of less than 20,000) that have  no public transportation at all. 

Try Uber i guess

Use Uber. Or bend over or get on your knees. That’s how you thank them.