Is the Trust Reported system working?

I constantly report violations and they rarely are removed. Years ago my single report removed violations. Does anyone know if the system is currently working? The way it worked was that everyone had a secret trust status based on a secret formula. Reporting a real violation raised it. Having a reported violation reversed lowered it. Based on the secret trust status it took one or more reported violations to remove something.

The trust rating system that was in place, has basically been broken since March/April of 2014, or was broken just after the big Chinese spam attack, that took place on two weekends. There were apparently some attempts to it, but every time it was, some small change to the programming would break it again. Many of us who had that one report drop power lost it within a matter of months.

• .

We don't know if it's working or not. Posts DO get removed, but there is no way to know how many reports a post received before it was removed. You've been here a long time so you know how the site works as well, or better, than most users here. Yahoo has NEVER been in the habit of making it clear what is and isn't working, what is and isn't being fixed, what is and isn't being (or going to be) changed.

Its broken dude. Has been for probably 2 years or so. 

Could someone please delete this crap:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191...

• Zirp

Well, sometimes I come across a deleted question so the reporting apparently works.

The problem is that too many don't bother to report. You can report a thousand blatant violations, but if nobody else reports them too, it won't help your trust-rating at all

I really doubt they are. I know my trust level must be very low.   But no one here really knows what they are doing.  They say nothing about this site to anyone.

No, probably NOT. Many long time users are assuming that Verizon/Yahoo is no longer using those algorhythms because it was abused. Too many people cheated by falsely reporting good answers and questions. What they did not anticipate is some people would appeal and have very high successful appeal percentages. They also successfully appealed account suspensions more than once.

No, it probably is NOT working.

the same happens to me also. some on here love to get rude and nasty and some cuss and nothing gets done. many on here have tons of accounts and they will report you for no reason at all

I've heard tell of this  "single report drop power" for many years and I never believed it. 

I am not all that far behind you in terms of points and longevity here.

I've also had a stellar report record of reporting PORN and Racist content, and at no point,---was I granted miraculous  one drop powers- 

Whatever the mysterious mathematical formula was to award such powers...... I should have qualified for it, in *spades*- 

I figured out the TC badge formula *ages* ago.....but one report powers  eluded me.----and I have been stalked up the freaking  WAZOO,  with foul,  sick, vicious,  stalking, clearly against the guidelines,  so I have literally  1000's of legit reports to my name. Perhaps even 10's of 1,000's- 

And no offense meant here , at all,   but everyone I've seen *claim* they have or had one report drop powers,-.--always seems to be have some  rather *absurd*  BA ratio-------*ahem*.------clearly and OBVIOUSLY indicating  POINT gaming......

so hard to believe  obvious POINT GAMERS  were given rare powers. ....while good users, were NOT. 

Clearly, the implication  being.......such users obviously have second or third accounts,  and perhaps reported things with EACH account.........and pretended they had "ONE report"  drop powers.....when in fact,, they were using  Multiple accounts. 

That's just one plausible theory. 

The second Theory is.......how do you KNOW if YOU are the FIRST and ONLY report so far. ? maybe your "one" report, was actually the 2nd or 3rd report,  causing it to drop. 

How would you know?  Yahoo never shared such info........so something might have been reported 20 times,  before you came along. .....and 21  was the trick. 

Doesn't mean YOU have one report drop powers..........simply that your report was the straw that broke the camel's back, and got it to drop - 

Of course, this is all mere speculation and opinion, and OBSERVATION. 

It's funny how the one report drop  people,  always have like  40% BA ratio's or even higher.   It kinda kills the credibility of the claim. IMHO- 

• Daniel

Good Question I think its Scattered some days it works other days its Broken

• Tavy

Hasn't worked for years. When we had our own U.K. site I had a high trust rating as I only took down the abusive and porno Qs. I tried a while ago to report a picture of an erect penis and loads of kiddy fiddling posts. Nothing worked.

Yahoo no longer cares.

It's become a site  for the paedos and those with mental health problems.

UK.